How to Remove Porsche Cayenne Radio / CD
It is important to remember to turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition before disconnecting the car stereo. Failure to do so could lead to problems with the vehicle's communication system or even trigger the vehicle's safety system.
1) first pry the decorative ring along the perimeter of the central instrument panel with a plastic crowbar. Take a moment to trim the trim ring one section at a time.
2) now remove the T10 Torx screw (green arrow) that holds the stereo sound to the dashboard frame. Please note that this article only shows two screws for standard stereo. In the car with the navigation function, there will be four screws fixed.
3) carefully pull the stereo sound out of the dashboard while connecting the lower tray. The lower tray has two locking tabs that can be easily broken when the stereo is removed.
4) this is a close-up of the underside of the stereo. These two plastic fingers (green arrow) fit under the top edge of the tray TAB.
5) tilt the stereo forward to access the electrical connection on the back. Please note that this picture shows the gear drive. I did this to show the stereo connection more clearly by dropping the stereo. Before disconnecting the stereo system, the transmission must be in a stop state and the vehicle is turned off when the key is turned off from the ignition switch.
6) press the tongue (green arrow) on the antenna wire and pull it out of the stereo.
7) now press the tongue on the remaining connectors and pull it out of the stereo (green arrow). Note that some cars may have different Settings depending on the vehicle's options.
Installation Porsche Cayenne Car Stereo is opposite to removal.